We believe that God is at work in creation and society to renew and unite all things, bringing abundant life. In the life, teaching, actions, death and resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth we see God most clearly. Jesus brings in the kingdom of God which is the manifestation of God’s purposes of restoration, turning creation right-side-up. The Holy Spirit is God at work today in our lives and in the world, creating new communities of love and justice.
We believe that the church, with all its imperfections and failings, is called to be a sign and agent of God’s renewal. The church is called to worship, witness and serve as a fellowship of the Spirit. In worship, we celebrate who God is and what God does, and are ourselves renewed for witness and service. In witness, we proclaim who God is by our words and actions. In service, we demonstrate God’s inclusive, compassionate love in practical action.
Having prayerfully discerned God’s call on this congregation, we commit ourselves to the following.
Following Christ as intentional disciples,
Walking together in fellowship with all peoples,
Seeking community, compassion and justice for all creation.
- Share the Good News of Jesus Christ by nurturing followers of Christ in life giving communities
- Respond in compassion to human need
- Live justly, seek justice for all and care for creation
- Listen to each generation and culture so as to live out the Gospel in fresh ways
- Pursue God’s mission in partnership
- Ensure future sustainability by faithful stewardship of our resources